Brawijaya University is located in the city of Malang, East Java, Indonesia. From 1957 to 1963, Brawijaya University was in embryonic stage, and was known as Kotapradja Malang University.
Brawijaya University was formally established in 1963 with four faculties – Law & Public Science, Economics, Public & Business Administration, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry and Engineering.
Later, four more faculties were established – Medicine (1974), Fisheries (1982), Mathematics & Natural Sciences (1996) and Agricultural Technology (1998).
Now Brawijaya University has 10 faculties offering both degree and non-degree programmes.
- Temperature between 22-25 °C
- Postal and banking facilities
- Libraries and laboratories
- Sports centre
- Syaiful Anwar teaching hospital
- Internet & Computer Centre
- Student Health Centre
- The initial set up of medical faculty in Brawijaya University was established in 1962 by several medical doctors. It became one of the faculties in Brawijaya University in 1974.
- The faculty also offers specialist programmes in clinical pathology, internal medicine, pulmonary diseases, surgery, obstetrics & gynaecology, radiology, ENT and ophthalmology.
- Rated as 2nd best medical faculty of Indonesia in 2003.