Brawijaya University was formally established in 1963 with four faculties – Law & Public Science, Economics, Public & Business Administration, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry and Engineering.
Later, four more faculties were established – Medicine (1974), Fisheries (1982), Mathematics & Natural Sciences (1996) and Agricultural Technology (1998).
Now Brawijaya University has 10 faculties offering both degree and non-degree programmes.
- Temperature between 22-25 °C
- Postal and banking facilities
- Libraries and laboratories
- Sports centre
- Syaiful Anwar teaching hospital
- Internet & Computer Centre
- Student Health Centre
- The initial set up of medical faculty in Brawijaya University was established in 1962 by several medical doctors. It became one of the faculties in Brawijaya University in 1974.
- The faculty also offers specialist programmes in clinical pathology, internal medicine, pulmonary diseases, surgery, obstetrics & gynaecology, radiology, ENT and ophthalmology.
- Rated as 2nd best medical faculty of Indonesia in 2003.