Sumatera Utara University
Universitas Sumatera Utara (USU), which is located in Medan, has very similar to Malaysia in terms of language, culture and food.
Universitas Sumatera Utara (USU), which is located in Medan, was officially established in 1957. However, the Faculty of Medicine started its operation in 1952.
Currently there are 11 faculties in this university offering more than 100 programmes at various levels. USU’s degrees in medicine and dentistry are recognised by relevant authorities in Malaysia. The Faculty of Medicine in USU is considered as one of the well equipped medical faculty in Indonesia with more than 30 departments.
USU as it is known widely is situated on a 120Ha land about 6 km from the centre of Medan. The university offers various programmes at diploma, degree, masters and doctorate levels. Currently there are more than 32,000 students pursuing various courses at different levels in this university.
- Very conducive living environment
- Very similar to Malaysia in terms of language & culture
- Variety of food similar to Malaysia
- Efficient public transport
- Town area
- Medan is populated by many Chinese & Indians.
- The faculty of medicine in USU has expanded extensively in the last 50 years. Currently there are 30 departments in this faculty including 4 specialist training centres.
- The faculty of Dentistry in USU was established in 1961. It consists of 10 departments including orthodontic, prosthodontic, oral surgery, conservation and oral biology. The dental studies in USU is divided into two levels:i) Academic Level
ii) Professional Level